Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today's Action

Took a walk with my cousin and her dog at a very nice park near her house. It's a nature center where they conduct class visits. And there's a duck pond!

Then we had lunch in Beverly Hills (a corned beef sandwich in a nice, old, Jewish deli), and went to the movies with a friend of hers. We saw Law Abiding Citizen because my cousin likes Jamie Foxx. It's not as bad as some of the reviews I saw said it was, but it wasn't good, either. It was fairly predictable and gory and implausible, but I don't hold implausibility against a movie if it's entertaining. This one was borderline in that regard. There were some nice bits, especially the intricacies of the villain's scheming, and I enjoyed seeing Bruck McGill and Colm Meany in supporting roles, but Jamie Foxx seemed too generic in the role. I was expecting a bit more fire from him, I guess.

Dinner was at a ribs place with a varied menu, so I had a yummy hamburger and fries. Now I'm stuffed. I've eaten so much this trip I'm sure I've gained weight, so I'll be dieting when I get home for sure.


Feeling: stuffed

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. A duck pond near B.H.?!? Do tell! And, no, I won't get mad that you're in my town and didn't tell me. ;-p

    Sidenote: Ummm...my town being L.A., not B.H. I wish! N'ah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack, sorry, Robbie. I didn't remember where you live. I'm mostly visiting family. Spent most of the day with my cousin and his wife. I haven't seen some of my family who live out here in 23 years, so we have a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!