Baseball season is well underway, "Game of Thrones" is back on TV, and my allergies are acting up. Yup, it's spring!
It's also time for some links!
- This Donald Trump song parody is brilliant.
- So is this Robert Frost Trump mashup.
- A wonderful Passover music vid to the tune of Michael Jackson's "Thriller."
- And the ultimate Passover seder prep.
- I'd forgotten these Mr. Met commercials, but I agree that the Mets should bring them back.
- A fascinating bit of history regarding the significance of the twenty dollar bill for Harriet Tubman.
- 13 Awesome Library Displays.
- The Man Who Studies the Spread of Ignorance is important reading.
- Scientists vs the US Congress.
- What TV Networks Still Don't Understand About Fandom makes some good points, especially as related to shows like Sleepy Hollow, that ticked me off with its season finale. I don't plan to watch it or Castle, anymore, should they be back next season.
- John Oliver on "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" took on the NY Yankees' high-priced tickets with a contest. Here are the hilarious and awesome third contest winners. There are links with pics of the winners for games one and two in the article. And here's how it got started.
- Librarian Rhapsody.
- Reading books with fake covers on the subway.
- A long article on urban gentrification but well worth reading.
- Mysterious stacks of books in NYC's subway.
- Too many entertainers have died this year, so far, and Garry Shandling was one of the best. HBO will be bringing back his Larry Sanders Show. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth watching if you can.
- Amazing miniatures made from paper and cardboard.
- Scott Kelly's Year in Space highlights video.