Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekly Health Update

Lab results of the uh, samples, showed a nasty bacterial infection, but not the original infection. Oh, no, this is an infection you can get when you take antibiotics for another infection. The culprit is called Clostridium difficile and it thrives when you kill off the other bacteria in your colon with antibiotics, making the cure the cause. The whole thing is giving me a headache to think about, but I'm on another antibiotic now, one that kills the Clostridium difficile and nothing else. And it works kinda quickly because today I felt better than I have in over a week. So, here's hoping. It can recur, though, which makes it a particularly annoying bacteria. But maybe now I can get back to my life and fun stuff to blog about. :)


Feeling: somewhat better

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!