Monday, December 08, 2008

Flickr Meet-Up

Fast FriendsI'd made plans today to meet up with a couple of flickr friends, one of whom I hadn't met before. She had come into NYC for the weekend, so it was a rare opportunity I didn't want to pass up due to this nagging colitis thing. Fortunately, I was feeling more energetic than I have in 3 weeks and we had loads of fun looking at holiday decorations and taking pics with our toys at Rockefeller Center.

Flickr might be a great site for storing and sharing photos, but it's also offered me a wonderful place to make friends online, where I start out sharing a hobby with people, and in the case of the toy photographers, which is one of my photography loves, we share a couple of hobbies: collecting toys and taking pictures. Not only have I made friends via flickr, but our toys have become fast friends, too. Here is my duckie and her Babo Uglydoll posing by the tree in Rockefeller Center.

Feeling: a bit better

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:04 PM

    That'a wonderful! I've come close to meeting friends from online but it's not happened yet. I've talked on the cell phone, chatted, and emailed a lot to several though. They feel like friends. I do wonder about how they would be in real life. -
    I take photos....hmmmm- food for thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is fun, and the people I've met from flickr have been so nice. The first time I meet an online friend, we meet in a very public place, but so far, no problems.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!