Sunday, August 24, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Annie tagged me for this meme.

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment for each blogger.

Well, I've done the list 5 or 7 or whatever interesting things about you. Not sure what unspectacular would be. And for me, unspectacular and quirks seem mutually exclusive.

So, let's see.

1. I'm obsessive compulsive about locking my front door when I leave.
2. I hate going to bed and I hate getting up in the morning.
3. Uh, I like doing laundry. It's reading time.

And that's all I can think of. And I started working on this nearly 10 hours ago and have thought about it on and off during the day, and basically, I've got nothing. Zip. Zilch. Bupkiss.

Anyone who has read this blog for a while knows I'm not big on tagging, so if you want to do this, knock yourself out, and if you want to link back to me, cool.

Went to the Mets game this afternoon. Beautiful day for baseball. But the Astros won, damn it. And there were two drunk idiots behind us, one of whom was loud and obnoxious, too. At least, I hope he was drunk (he was throwing back the beers at a healthy clip), cuz I'd hate to think he's that annoying sober. It was Jewish Heritage day, the Mets names were in Hebrew on the scoreboard, and a recording of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in Yiddish was played. It was also a promotion day; they gave out free tee-shirts honoring the last year of Shea Stadium.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:09 PM

    If you are compulsive about the door being locked because you are unsure you locked it, there is a quick fix for that.
    When you lock your door say outloud to yourself softly, "I have locked the front door".

    It seems to work.
    It also seems to work rather well for people who forget where they place things.
    You simply say outloud to yourself something like, "I have put my keys on the hall table".

    I think we just have too much going on inside our heads sometimes. Or in my case nothing going on..sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, audio cues never work for me. I turn the key hard enough to leave an impression in my finger and a bit of pain. That way, by the time I've reached the elevator and have forgotten if I've locked the door, I look at my finger, see the red mark, and remember I locked the door.

    I've also had to train myself to toss the keys inside after opening the door before entering my apartment so I won't lock the door with the keys still outside, which I used to do more times than I care to admit to (once, a neighbor let me know, another time it was my hubby).

    The thing about finding things I've misplaced is that too much time goes by before I need to find them. Audio cues for me anyway, are short term memory. I need a bit more than saying something aloud to move it to long term memory. I write a lot of notes, but I can't do that for everything I do in life. I'm visually oriented with a strong tactile/kinesthetic sense.

    It doesn't matter why we are the way we are. What matters is finding what works for you and what works for someone else might be the thing, but it might not be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!