Monday, March 10, 2008

A Monday Among Mondays

So, NY's governor is caught in a prostitution scandal. I was going to save this for my more political blog, but really, this is too juicy to not mention here, my main blog with more readers (I think). Aside from feeling betrayed by Spitzer, whom I voted for, I'm wondering about the chutzpah of a man who spent most of his career going after the criminal and unethical. He's been called "Mr. Clean." So for him to think possibly that he could get away with this just galls. And what? He couldn't find a mistress like other politicians? Sheesh. I'm pretty cynical when it comes to politics, but this stunned and disappointed me.

The BBC presents their Top 25 Putdowns. Link from Neatorama. My favorites:
  • Arnold Rimmer - Red Dwarf. "Look, we all have something to bring to this discussion. But I think from now on the thing you should bring is silence."
  • Edmund Blackadder - Blackadder II. To Lord Percy: "The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
and of course,
  • Larry David - Curb Your Enthusiasm. "Switzerland is a place where they don't like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate."
Still not feeling great, but the constant need to blow my nose has ceased. I'm counting my blessings.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly, I thought of you when I read about this PEEPS on film contest. It's right up your alley! http://www.peepsonfilm.blogspot.como

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Andi. I haven't done video, but the site looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!