Monday, September 18, 2006

"The Team, the Time, the Title"


Make note. The NY Mets are now officially the National League Champions, 9/18/06.

I've been a bad blogger here. Been feeling a bit out of sorts the last day or so and am hoping another doctor's visit isn't in order. And I've been distracted with making icons for LiveJournal, catching up on reading comics, and watching the Mets. It was nail-biting time over the weekend as the Mets dropped a series to the Pirates, but winning the division title in front of the home fans is very sweet. And a long time coming.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 AM

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    I was going to write about Czech chocolate but apparantly Belgian chocolate is the sought after one here. Actually I don't often eat chocolate; I wonder if that's why I like your blog!

    Anyway here is a Czech joke to make you feel better. I was at a party on Friday night - well actually it was Saturday morning when I was told this joke. My Czech is really appallingly bad but since the joke was partly visual I did get it.

    There are two types of drunks in the Czech republic. The watchmakers and the dentists. He then pointed at one guy that had 'fallen asleep' all hunched into himself and using the pub table for support and sure enough he did look like a watchmaker peering at a watch. So I asked 'And the dentists?

    He pointed at a girl that had fallen asleep lying back in a chair with her mouth wideopen snoring as if she was in a dentist's chair.

    Actually it isn't that funny really it's just I am so delighted I managed to understand a joke told in Czech at last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cute joke. I still feel like crap, but there's nothing wrong with me that anyone can see. But I'll save that for the next post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!