Friday, February 10, 2006

Update from the Computer Wars

I wish I could figure out how screwed up my PC is. It's working. It's working slower than usual. It doesn't seem happy with more than one program on at a time. The fan in the back rattles a lot.

Work was mostly filled with dealing with stuff that was supposed to have been done already and problems that cropped up. And writing a month's worth of weekly schedules which is a pain because doing that kind of thing on a computer gives me a nice case of eyestrain, with the obligatory headache to go with it.

No links to share. I've been only skimming the link blogs since my connection has been so spotty and nothing really jumped out, demanding to be shared. Sorry my blogging has been so lame lately.

I loved Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis tonight, and as I type this during a break in Battlestar Galactica, I can say it's wonderfully tense as usual. They've even taken the cliche hostage-taking and shooting of a hostage, oh who happens to be the son of the admiral, and made it feel, if not fresh, then exciting, anyway. I know many folks feel the last couple of episodes were weak, and while I do agree they weren't the show's strongest, I didn't think they were all that bad. But tonight is vintage.

Did I mention I got the Alien Nation show DVDs. Now to find time to watch 'em.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Alien Nation sound familiar...Is it an old program? I can't place it. I usually don't watch science fiction much, but I did used to like Star Trek Generations..
    I tagged you on my blog..Hope you play. Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 PM

    I'm a geek, the tag is on my regular blog, not my photo blog.

    justmyrambling.blogspot.com

    I commented while logged into the other blog. sorry...Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alien Nation was a movie starring James Caan and Mandy Patinkin and then a TV show starring Gary Graham and Eric Pierpoint. It lasted a season on Fox when Fox was really new, was very well done, and was cancelled in the middle of a cliffhanger season ender. There were some TV movies a few years later.

    Will go take a look at the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!