Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Sunshine


The new mother board has been installed and all systems seem a-okay. For now. We'll see.

Free Range Librarian points us to a new Simpsons cyber toy.

And now, a baseball anthem is playing on the radio: "Centerfield" by John Fogerty. Is there any doubt it's baseball season? Nah, I didn't think so. [big grin here] And with the days now noticeably longer, I can smell spring in the air despite last night's frigid temperature and today's chill.
"Centerfield"
Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today!
We’re born again, there’s new grass on the field.
A-roundin’ third, and headed for home, it’s a brown-eyed handsome man;
Anyone can understand the way I feel.

Chorus:
Oh, put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today;
Put me in, coach - I’m ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be centerfield.

Well, I spent some time in the mudville nine, watchin’ it from the bench;
You know I took some lumps when the mighty casey struck out.
So say hey willie, tell ty cobb and joe dimaggio;
Don’t say "it ain’t so", you know the time is now.

Chorus

Yeah! I got it, I got it!

Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it’s time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch ’em all - a moment in the sun;
(pop) it’s gone and you can tell that one goodbye!

Chorus
Chorus
Yeah!



Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:34 AM

    i see you don't like baseball much - lol! now that you've got a new mother board, it's time to post-away, post-away all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, baseball is a passion, and the Mets own my heart in the spring. Would be nice if, this year, they can hold on to it into the fall, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 PM

    I love that song! Baseball not so much though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great song. You can feel the emotion when he sings it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!