Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Slight Alterations

I made some minor adjustments in the sidebar, moving a few things around. I removed the link to Retro-Spective, since that blog is on hiatus and is likely to be dropped. I also removed the poll. I had switched from Bravenet polls to PollHost due to pop-ups, but now, it seems that whenever I view the results on IE, I get a pop-up. I don't have this problem on Firefox. I'm perturbed enough about that to remove the poll. Blog Explosion says they'll be adding pop-up-free counters and are looking into doing pop-up-free polls, too, in the future, so if they add that service, I'll use that. I'm really serious about not having ads here, except for the tiny ad below the counter. I do hate taking down the poll, but I won't take chances with pop-ups.

I do hate having to log in to so many stat services to see the stats, with so many different logins, which is why I've come to love MyBlogLog. It allows more than one blog per account, is easy to navigate, and shows referrers and links clicked on one screen. Switching between blogs is easy and quick. I do like the idea of Blog Explosion providing such services as counters and polls, which would simplify the login process. I've already forgotten my password for Gravatars, for ex, and have no clue where I might've written it down. I've got 4 pages of passwords/logins and it's ridiculous. Logins to access my blogs, to access stats, to access and post photos, to surf blog exchanges, to order things online (one login per site), logins for polls, login for the Gravatars, login for Technorati, logins for message boards, ad nauseum. So having one service take over a few other things would be great. I just hope their counters are cool looking; otherwise, I'm likely to stick with Amazing Counters, which is my favorite when it comes to cool styles and large variety of choices.

Cross posted at Presto Speaks!

Feeling:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:54 AM

    Shelly

    I love visiting here. Everytime I drop by I am amazed at how creative this blog is. Oh my goodness, I could reach right in and grab one of those cookies. I LOVE Milano's. All of them. Yep, love um! :)

    Always, Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy the place. And yeah, it's hard to resist Milanos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!