Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Boob Tube

The Chocolate Tasting Club looks interesting.

I watched "Kitchen Confidential" last night. Not bad. Good cast, mostly fun characters, and it was nice seeing Buffyverse alum Nicholas Brendan playing someone other than Xander Harris, but weird, too. Still, it wasn't laugh out loud funny. I'll probably go back to "How I Met Your Mother" next week.

The death of Don Adams got me thinking, in light of sampling some of the new comedies this season, of my all-time favorite comedies. Sitcoms, not sketch or variety shows. Most are set around the workplace and most seem to involve show business. M*A*S*H is a tough one to categorize. I'm never sure if comedy is the right word for it, but it's at the top of the list. Other favorites are:

The Dick Van Dyke Show
Get Smart
The Addams Family
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Calucci's Department (Okay, it didn't last long; bonus points for anyone who remembers it.)
Welcome Back, Kotter
WKRP in Cincinnati
Bossom Buddies
Family Ties
Remember WENN
Newsradio
Spin City
Just Shoot Me!
Two and a Half Men (It's silly, but the stars make this funny.)

I'm sure there are others, but that's all that comes immediately to mind. So, given how I tend to like workplace comedies, I guess I'd hoped Kitchen Confidential was funnier.

Made a few more mood icons. It's easier to find clipart for positive emotions than negative ones, but I'll keep trying, because sometimes, I just feel like crap. heh

Feeling:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 AM

    I wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog & articles. I have added a link to your blog on my site. Stop by and visit: http://sunshinekb17s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sunshine. I took a quick look at your blog. It's a bit busy for my eyes, but I'll look more later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:19 PM

    My dad's fav work-related comedy was "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em," which I hated. I've never heard of Calucci's Department. My fav has to be the original "Bob Newhart Show." It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I forgot Bob Newhart, both shows. And I could've gone back to the Secret Lives of Dobie Gillis, too.

    There were some British comedies I adored, too: Butterflies, Doctor in the House come immediately to mind.

    I love your fishy icon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!