Monday, July 04, 2005

Firefox

So I downloaded it. First time, nothing opened. It said it couldn't find my webpage or it's own Firefox Start page. I reinstalled, then it was fine, or so it seemed. It froze when I tried to update the template here by adding a Firefox button to the footer. This blog looked very odd in Firefox, but was readable. I went to IE, saw that the update had taken. Then I couldn't get any pages to load in Firefox, same error message. I tried IE again; it was fine. I'm updating this on IE. I still have AOL, which I have no intention of giving up, and I'm keeping IE, because I like how Blogger blogs look in it and I've heard from others that they have had trouble updating Blogger blogs with Firefox. So now I've got a button here promoting a browser I don't know if I'll ever be able to use, which kinda sucks. I've heard so many good things about it, but so far, it's a real letdown. Anyone have any idea why I can't make it work? Is it cranky because I didn't say it could be my default browser?

UPDATE: After an hour of weaving my way through Mozilla's Firefox Forum, I finally found a discussion about error messages similar to mine. Most of the fixes either didn't work or weren't relevant. One seemed promising, but my PC wouldn't cooperate, but 2 reboots later, I got my Norton Firewall open, saw Firefox hadn't been allowed internet access. I fixed that and it seems to be working. Time will tell.