Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Fine Saturday

Even though I had to work.

It was beautiful out, hot but dry and breezy, the perfect summer day. I had an excellent slice of pizza for lunch (cheesy, not too much tomato sauce, tasty and crispy crust) and walked around for a while, then went to the gym for a half hour on the treadmill after work. The pound I'd somehow managed to put on a week ago seems to be gone. If I can just lose a pound a week, I'd be in good shape by mid-fall. That's the goal, anyway.

Didn't get everything done at work that I'd wanted to finish, but I did do three of five things. Monday, I'll start on the last two.

As I explained over at Presto Speaks!, I've been spending time getting the glitches in Firefox fixed. Got most of them resolved for the Blogger blogs except here where the background shows between the posts and the sidebar when it's not supposed to and doesn't show in IE. I don't know nearly enough about css to know where the problem is.

I must say that now that I'm surfing Blog Explosion on Firefox, I'm seeing a lot more strange looking blogs. And it's not just on Blogger than things don't line up right. I've also been noticing even more black blogs than previously. Unless the font size and color is just right, those things are hard to read. And they all start looking alike after a while because there's almost no or just minimal customization on those. I dunno. I'd think folks would want their blogs to stand out.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:09 AM

    Black blogs? I haven;t noticed it on BE. Hmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the color black. Nothing to break up the darkness except the font, which with some colors, tends to strobe on my poor, tired eyes. Last night on IE I think I had 5 or 6 of those in a row. I couldn't read some of them with the small type they had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:38 PM

    Yah, I'd say "Firefox sucks!", but if you say that out loud, you'd get hit in the head with a deluge of blogs or blocks or something painful! I just use it to see how bad a web page will look to the small percentage of people who will view it with that browser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I'm sure not saying Firefox sucks. I really like it. And it's css 2 compliant and IE apparently doesn't care about compliance and Blogger seems uh, iffy on the subject. Which is not Firefox' fault. I just don't know enough (yet) about css to resolve all the problems. But I got most of them, more or less, so I'm feeling pretty happy.

    IE is Microsoft and Bill Gates wants to control the internet. I just wish he'd understand that no one can do that and maybe making a better browser that's compliant with the current standards would be a good idea.

    I was just saying that I don't think Firefox is the be all end all that most of its users seem to think. It has its own issues. Nothing's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:19 AM

    Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!