Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Oh, Pretty, and a Bunch of Links

No, not the weather. The weather pretty much sucks. Just sucks the energy out of you. Hazy, hot, humid, and for a nice change, rainy. I didn't update here yesterday because I got too involved redoing ImPRESS Books' web and blog link pages. I also checked the links on the graphic download page and divided things by type of link. So tonight, I continued with the For Fun links and subdivided it, making a section for Avatar Makers and found a new one. Pimp My Doll is rather fun. Here's what I did. The thing gives you 4 views of the same image. I had to do a screen cap and crop because the right click Save As didn't seem to work despite the site saying to use it. I like that it's not girly girl and the background choices are numerous and very cool.

I made some icons for LiveJournal usage and showed them off on Write Stuff. Did I mention that? I have no clue, anymore. I feel as if my brain melted and leaked out of my ears.

So, what's a gal gotta do to get a meme going, anyway? If folks are doing it, other than the few I saw over on AOL, who left comments on the blog they got it from (thanks, Wil), they haven't left their link here nor have I seen a link back on Technorati. And what's with the lack of comments. I've been trying to comment on the blogs I read, which is darned near impossible given I follow close to 300 of the suckers these days, but still, if something moves me or hits home or makes me chuckle, I comment. And I love answering Kim's odd little questions, not that I can answer 'em all. And I've been playing your "Is it art?" game, Brian, whenever I can think of something clever or pithy (I love using the word "pithy") to say. So, all I can say is that you regular readers here are falling down on the commenting job. Sheesh. (Or have you stopped reading and I'm talking to myself here? Oh, that would be embarrassing.) Oh, and both Kim and Wil pointed out that there's a Blogathon on August 6.

Kim, on Bacon and Ehs, also pointed out this lovely site, Stuff on My Cat.com.

From Boing Boing: ArtCars. Oh, and it seems Darth Vader is attacking Palo Alto.

More coolness found by Jennifer on Chaos Theory: How to Paint Your Shoes.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 PM

    I am slowly coming to the conclusion that having multiple sites is counter-productive and annoying to the majority of readers.

    Secondly, if you aren't blogging about politics, you better be writing a snarky blog about your job and coworkers, or a detailed account of the ridiculous goings on in your family. Angst-ridden intelligentsia have little chance of developing a broad following, I fear.

    Finally, and this pertains to you, m'dear, try to stabilize your design until you have your following and then introduce change in a glacially slow manner.

    Anything else and "they" (the readers) click away to surf for something easier to read.

    Sad, isn't it?

    Hugs -- hope your hubby is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Blogathon??

    never heard of such a thing,, i checked the site,, pretty..since you posted the link, im assuming you have been in a Blogathon? if so, how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Wil,
    Well, I used to get a fair amount of comments. I've also read many blogs advising folks to perk up their blog design now and then so they don't get dull. The only thing I do with this blog is change the background. The basic design has been stable for most of the 10 months I've had this blog. As for politics, well, my political blog barely gets hits. I don't worry about it much. This blog gets readers. People just don't really comment anymore. But the votes are even last I checked on the poll for people being here between surfing in via BE and being here cuz they love the blog. :) A lot of people subscribe to CC (10 on Bloglines and now 3 via LJ, which isn't bad). A couple of people I know in real life read via links on their sites or from the bookmarks.

    My book journal gets the most comments these days. Book people like to comment.

    And as long as there are no categories here and I continue to like a variety of designs, I'm gonna have many blogs, so people can read the ones that interest them most. I read multiple blogs of other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Patricio,
    No, I've never done the Blogathon. Apparently, they didn't have one last year and I only started blogging last year. I like posting interesting links on this blog to help spread the word about them. You're young. Maybe you'll have the energy to try it. I'm not sure I'd be able to stay awake the entire time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:51 PM

    And I've been playing your "Is it art?" game, Brian, whenever I can think of something clever or pithy (I love using the word "pithy") to say.

    Is this about me?

    It is, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, it's about you, Brian. It's always about you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!