Monday, June 06, 2005

Day the Music Died

No work today (I don't go back until Wednesday), so I "auditioned" radio stations. I had 5 I wanted to listen to in the early morning, and finally settled on Q104.3 FM, the Classic Rock station. Jim Kerr is the morning DJ there now and while I never really ever got to listen to him regularly, I know his voice and it's a nice fit with my morning routine. Plus, I like most of the music. The only problem is no news on the half hour, which has been my cue to get up for the past 30 years. The radio goes on at 6:30 a.m. and when the 7:00 a.m. news comes on, I know to get out of bed. Now I have to either get up as soon as I hear the radio, or pay closer attention to the time. Which means I might as well get up. Or set the time for closer to 7:00 a.m. At least they have someone doing the weather at least once each half hour.

As for music at other times of the day, AOL's Oldies station is fine, as is the Oldies station on our cable TV system. Maybe I'll even get around to listening to the hundreds of tapes and CDs I have. Damn, but I sure missed hearing Mickey Dolenz this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!