Thursday, March 03, 2005

Things I Ponder and Some Links

Why do we not mind so much when the hair and dirt are on our bodies, but when they're clogging the shower's drain, they're gross?

Why am I dead tired until I go to bed?

I edit the library branch website and the branch's blog at work, then come home and edit my website and blogs. When did my work life and my leisure life become mirror images of each other?

If I were 30 years younger, I think I would become a web designer. Why wasn't the web around when I was in college?

Who said it could snow so much this year here in NYC?

And now, the links:

Other folks are blogging about this so I figure I should, too: The New York Public Library's Digital Gallery. And while I'm at it, here are some vintage New York City photos.

Online Miniature Golf. You might want to turn down the sound. The music is of the annoying earworm variety. Found on Bacon and Ehs.

Van Gogh's "Starry Night" is one of my favorite paintings, so this Legos version caught my attention. Found on Chaos Theory.

A very funny Error 404 message. Make sure you stay til the end. Found on The Presurfer.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:15 PM

    'Scuse me, Shelly. I haven't been reading here all that long, but I think you have all the creativity it would require to be a web designer -- so I think you might want to toss that "30 years younger" notion.

    Look what a beautiful design you've created here, and each of your other blogs has a unique and appealing look. It seems to me you're already a web designer, even if you may not be doing it as a commercial venture yet. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ms. A.R. What I mean by that is that when I was in college, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, stumbled into and out of psych (my major) and finally stumbled into librarianship. But if I were back in college, but in a time when the web existed (it didn't 30 years ago, or if it did, no one told me), I would definitely have gone into web design. But now, with 7 years to go to retirement, and a lot of software to master (html, xml, java, Perl, and programs I don't even know the names of), web design as a career is out of the question. When I retire, I'm going to concentrate on my writing. Web design is a hobby at best, along with crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:17 PM

    LOL! Then you'd be unemployed and scrambling for jobs like the rest of us who didn't know what we wanted to do in school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, Barrie. But it would be nice to have the time to really learn how to do all this from scratch, css and all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!