Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Another Batch of Miscellany

Geez, it's hard to come up with titles for these catch-all posts.

I added a Bravenet This Day in History thingie to Retro-Spective (it seemed more suited there) and a Bravenet Space News thingie to Alternate Reality. And over here, I added a Bravenet Guest Book to the sidebar. Not sure how it will work out. The damned thing is the free version so there's an ad, which is okay, and usually a popup, which I can live with unless folks get PO'd and end up not leaving comments. I just thought I'd give it a try. I considered a poll thingie, but that's on the main page and would likely have had a popup, which means it would go against Blog Explosion's no-popup policy and a poll's not that important to me. I just figured it would be fun.

So I've got a swollen gland on the left side of my neck, under my chin, and now my jawline hurts above it and now the sinuses in my left cheek seem inflamed or something, and my throat's a bit achy, but I don't actually feel sick. It's been a while since I've really been sick that I forgot what it feels like. This is a lousy time of year to need to call a doctor.

I finally got some hangers to replace the last two splinter-generating wood ones holding jackets. It's the end of an era here. I have some of those wood hangers for 30 or more years, but two deep, painful splinters in the last four months was two too many. Fortunately, the line at The Container Store at lunch hour wasn't too long and moved quickly.

Here's yet another game in which I get to demonstrate a total lack of eye-hand coordination: Cheerleader Toss, found on Chaos Theory.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    Shelly, girl, get thee to bed with chicken soup and Vit C (and zinc and echinacea if it works for you)!! That sounds sorta messy, so maybe have the soup when you wake up from your nap... Take some chocolate too, but whatever you do get some rest!!

    Swollen glands, cranky sinuses and a sore throat are nothing to mess with at Christmas (or any other) time.

    Dr. Cataloger at your service. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dr. Cataloger. :) What's really annoying is that I feel better in the morning and it gets worse over the course of the day. I'm taking stuff and if it's not better by Monday, I'll call my doctor. I had off today, so I slept in, which felt great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!