Saturday, December 11, 2004

All in a Day's Work... or Play... or Whatever

Today, I did something I've worried about doing on and off over the last 30 or so years. I actually dropped a new roll of toilet paper into the toilet at work. It seemed fated to happen. When you do something that stupid before lunch, you figure the day's got to get better or it's an omen for a horrible day, but it turned out all right, except for the rain, which I didn't need at all.

Had to deal with a complaining patron who insisted someone gave her wrong info about a couple of books last week, saying she was told they were in the mail and now today someone told her we didn't have them yet. Unfortunately, for her, I was the one she spoke to last week and as soon as she mentioned the titles, I recalled the entire conversation which was me telling her the books hadn't come in yet. No way was she gonna win that argument today. So I put a note in her file that I told her that twice now; in case she calls back with another complaint about it, we'll have the info readily available as to what she was told, when she was told it, and by whom.

Dover Publications had some wonderful samples today. If you haven't signed up for the weekly sampler emails, you might want to. The Halloween graphics I used here came from one of their sampler pages. So is the art nouveau background I'm using here now. I downloaded some nice folk art and Islamic art graphics usable as backgrounds today, so some of them might show here one of these days, when I'm in the mood for a change. Much as I like things, I can get a bit bored with them.

And finally, in a sports note, I'm sorry, but I just don't believe Barry Bonds had no clue he was taking something other than vitamin supplements. Does he really expects folks to think that after he bulked up and started hitting homers nearly one after another, he actually thought, "Wow, those are great vitamins!"? Give me a break. He may be arrogant, he may be surly, but I just never got the impression he was stupid or gullible. Sheesh.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:09 AM

    Wow! Now I know those nuns were right in grade school: "It's going to go in your Permanent File!"

    Great note, and wonderful blog!

    -Greg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!