Saturday, November 13, 2004

Chocolatey Goodness

Notebooks Made From Cheesy Hardcovers, found on Boing Boing. These would make really cool gifts.

I don't usually like animations, but Designerweb has some nice ones, like this one. Too bad the invisible hand isn't dunking Oreos. I much prefer dunked Oreos to dunked chocolate chip cookies.

I bought an intriguing baking book today that I'd seen an ad for in Publishers Weekly's Fall Announcements issue a couple of months ago: Small-Batch Baking by Debby Maugans Nakos, from Workman Publishing. Most of the recipes aren't tempting to me, but if I can use even a few of them, the book will be worth it. It's so hard to bake for just me or me and hubby. I could make a cake or a batch of 45 cookies, but I eat 'em practically in one sitting. This would be great if it works.

I decided to use one of my play blogs on Blogger for real, to replace my little Dreaming of Mars journal on AOL. You'll find Alternate Reality in the sidebar. I just love the floating in space look, which I had for a while on Occasional Blog but it didn't suit that blog, but this works. The blog will cover science and science fiction, focusing on Mars, which is the setting for the SF series I'm writing with a friend. I'll be deleting Dreaming of Mars in the next day or so.

Now to publish this and see if the animation really works.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Ooh! I love the notebooks idea! TOO COOL! I gotta ad a link to them on my blog now. Thanks! Youre swell!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!