Monday, October 25, 2004

Quick Bits & a Quiz

I store my graphics on my website, and the server is down. This might cause my blogs, especially Cyber Chocolate with the various backgrounds I have, to look, um, odd, poor, horrible. The solid colors are from Blogger, so they should be fine. But all the backgrounds and graphics, except for a couple I have in my AOL ftp space, are on my website and would be affected unless they're cached on your computer or some such techie thing. The webhost is working on the problem. I'm sorry for any incovenience. If webhost wasn't my best friend's husband, I'd probably be more ticked than I am because I pay for the service.

Elsewhere, I got spam that actually made me laugh when I read the subject line: "Are You surfing from joint pains?"

And today's quiz. They have some interesting ones. And I'm just glad that the answer came out "right." I just wish they had a newer photo. The WTC showing is eerie.
Take the quiz: "Which American City Are You?"

New York
You're competative, you like to take it straight to the fight. You gotta have it all or die trying.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Hey I'm NYC too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 AM

    If you want a free photo host that will never let you down, got to http://tinypic.com, it will even automatically give you the html of the pic to place in your post. You do not have to sign up to use it. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Your template looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:16 AM

    You have a lovely site, I agree it's very yummy.

    Did I mention I'm a chocoholic?...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Dariana,
    No, I don't want a free photo host. At some point, I might use Hello/Picasa, now owned by Blogger, I believe, for photos to put in entries, but I'm trying to support my best friend's husband as he embarks on the exciting new world of owning and running his own web design and hosting business. Any system can be hacked or brought down by viruses. I've been told PayPal was down for a few days recently. My website host's server being down was an inconvenience, but there's nothing like being able to pick up the phone and whine in person to someone you've known for 19 years. :)

    Thanks, Amie. I had a lot of fun taking the chocolicious photos, and then eating the props after. :) Tho the place looked a bit naked for a while yesterday. heh

    Amelia, glad you found your way here. I'm always happy to meet another chocoholic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!