Friday, October 01, 2004

Blog Around the Clock

In my quest to add nauseatingly cute thingies to the sidebar, I found BlogPet for Blogger. So please welcome "Cocoa" to the CyberChocolate family.

From The Presurfer: What you didn't know you needed, an English-to-English Dictionary. Also found on The Presurfer, another must-see site: How to Eat Muffins.

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

So I'm totally addicted to Blogger's Next Blog button. I can spend hours clicking it. (I think I've mentioned this before, but this time, I'm gonna elaborate. Oooo, such excitement.) I've been trying to figure the percentage of blogs I return to from the total and I think I'm running at uh, one percent. But they're good ones I wouldn't have found otherwise. I seem to recall that's how I found The Anonymous Rowhouse, and last night I found a new book review blog I'm keeping an eye on--just one entry there so far, so I won't add a link to it on my review site until I see more and get a real feeling for it. I also found The Complaint Department and However, which seem interesting.

I also like seeing how people have customized their templates or if they've gotten non-Blogger templates. Even if I'm not interested in reading a blog, it might give me ideas. And much as I enjoy and have found wonderful blogs by clicking on the links on blogs I already read, or by doing searches for blogs by subject or checking featured blogs on Blogger or elsewhere, the randomness of the Next Blog adds a little thrill to the game.

One thing I don't like are the blogs that don't let you move forward. Some have altered their templates to blot out the nav bar, but in those cases, I can hit the back button on my browser and click Next Blog again which usually takes me somewhere else. But some site have cutesy popups and annoying popups that force you to click Yes to be able to move anywhere. I either have to click the browser part of AOL off or if in IE, I ctrl-alt-del to close the program. I am not amused. And what's with the sites that come up with music on? It drowns out either the TV or what I'm listening to online, either music or a ballgame.

~~~@~~~@~~~@~~~

JustRose keeps finding the neatest quizzes (okay, she keeps beating me to them). This description sort of fits me, though I prefered water over fire in the last question of the quiz, but it sure doesn't sound like any vampire I ever heard of.

vamp
You are Form 9, Vampire: The Undying.

"And The Vampire was all that remained on
the blood drowned creation. She attempted to
regrow life from the dead. But as she was
about to give the breath of life, she was
consumed in the flame of The Phoenix and the
cycle began again."


Some examples of the Vampire Form are Hades (Greek)
and Isis (Egyptian).
The Vampire is associated with the concept of
death, the number 9, and the element of fire.
Her sign is the eclipsed moon.

As a member of Form 9, you are a very realistic
individual. You may be a little idealistic,
but you are very grounded and down to earth.
You realize that not everything lasts, but you
savor every minute of the good times. While
you may sometimes find yourself lonely, you
have strong ties with people that will never be
broken. Vampires are the best friends to have
because they are sensible.


Which Mythological Form Are You?
brought to you by
Quizilla

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 PM

    I found it a little ironic that I read this post, as I also have an obsession with the Next Blog button, and that is how I stumbled upon your little piece of the web. I really enjoyed this site, and I will be adding this to my list of Blogs I Read. I also share in your hatred for the musical blogs. It messes with my LaunchCast Radio. UGH!

    Have a good day! Keep on hitting Next Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Megan, I'm so glad you found your way here and enjoyed your stay enough to want to return. It means a lot to me when people say that. :) Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Hello Shelly,

    I hope you don't mind our blogworld symbiosis -- I keep borrowing all your bells and whistles, and added a blogarama link to the rowhouse. You are so good at finding this stuff ...and I'm in awe of you and in your debt ...thank you .... !

    jr

    PS Love the vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind at all, jr. I love our symbiotic blogosphere relationship. It's one of the things I love about blogging, the connections that we make with fellow bloggers. I hope you saw the link for How to Eat Muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!