Thursday, September 30, 2004

Son of Linkage and Some Other Things of Note

Blogger mentioned this one (Blogger has a section for news and new Blogger sites of interest and miscellany for its bloggers): Parking Spaces for toy cars.

For Halloween: Make your own coffin purse. Found on Bacon and Ehs.

A Hostess Wedding Cake. Personally, I'd prefer it made from Drake's Cakes and Devil Dogs, but it's aesthetically pleasing. Found on Cynical-C Blog.

Fulldeckisms, aka ultimate insults. Found on J-Walk which also provided a link to a blog of Cute Things. I'm not sure "cute" is the word I'd use.

Okay, am I the only one who thinks it weird that Mel Brooks is filming a movie musical of his hit Broadway musical "The Producers" (which I loved, even with Steven Webber in the Matthew Broderick role and someone I never heard of who was great in the Nathan Lane role) that was based on a movie that had musical numbers? I've heard of coming full circle, but this is ridiculous. And for the record, I don't care how great Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick are in the musical and the upcoming movie, no one can top Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder as Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom.

I finally have something humorous from the library. Today was our annual book sale (damaged or duplicate copies, donated materials we don't want for the collection). I was walking past the phone reference desk in time to hear the librarian on the phone say, "We sell books." Trying to figure out what stupid question led to that answer, I had to wait until she'd concluded the call. What had the question been? "What's a book sale?"

Otherwise, the day went well, but it was rainier than my fav weatherman, Mr. G, predicted. He's usually pretty good, but sometimes misses. He did say a chance of passing showers, but pooh poohed it like no big deal. But it was pretty nasty most of the afternoon. And what's with it being dark already at 7:00 p.m.? Okay, maybe it was the cloud cover, but really, I'm not ready for these shorter days. I'm a night person, but I apparently am also a sun worshipper. I hate December's darkness and I really perk up in mid-January when I can start seeing the hint of light at 5:00 p.m. when I usually leave work that heralds the coming spring. I don't care that I have months to wait for really long days. I'm just happy to know they're coming back. But now I have to face the end of Daylight Savings Time. Bah.

And I just heard Vioxx is going off the market. While I applaud Merck for doing the responsible thing, I'm now faced with a dilemma. Flush my remaining pills (due to expire soon anyway) or keep 'em just in case? Advil is usually as much painkiller as I need, but the Vioxx worked wonders last year when my bursitis flared up. And I took only a couple of them over two days. I don't take it regularly, so I guess I'll flush them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!