Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cold Treats


Yes, it's been a while since I blogged here. I've been caught up in the joy of Mets playoff baseball, something that hasn't occurred in quite a while. Nine years, to be exact.

I've been meaning to post about some chocolate ice cream, and now that it's fall here in NY, and the temperatures have fallen low enough for turning on the heat indoors, why not discuss ice cream!

I recently tried, and compared, two Edy's products: chocolate Grand Ice Cream and chocolate malt Frozen Custard. The chocolate ice cream was creamy and rich and chocolicious, truly divine. The frozen custard was a bit of a disappointment, not chocolate malty enough, but I've always been more of an ice cream lover than a frozen custard lover.

Edy's Ice Cream and Frozen Custard

Edy's Chocolate Ice Cream

Edy's Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard
I decided to try Edy's once my hubby discovered it was related to Dreyer's Ice Cream, which I'd gotten to taste while on the west coast. I loved the chocolate Dreyer's ice cream I'd tried, so I'm happy to discover its eastern version. It is confusing when the same product has different names in different parts of the same country!


~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!