Monday, December 23, 2013

Sweetness


Liddabit Sweets is a Brooklyn-based candy company that specializes in handmade chocolate and confections.

I picked up a cookie 2-pack from The Good Batch at one of NYC's pop-up holiday markets in the park, in this case, the Union Square Park Holiday Market. The cookies in question are the Chocolate Royale. The Good Batch is a Brooklyn-based bakery. I'll admit that I had them a few days before trying them -- I had other chocolate to eat first! -- but upon taste testing, they still were amazing. I don't know if the consistency is the same it would be when they're fresh, but they seemed to have the consistency of dried cake or a brownie, while not feeling stale. They were very chocolatey, most decadent as the label promises.

The Good Batch Cookies

Chocolate Royale Cookies Label: "A Decadent Dark Chocolate Cookie Loaded with Fine Belgian Chocolate Chunks and Topped with Crunchy Sugar for Serious Chocolate Lovers Only

Two Chocolate Royale Cookies from The Good Batch



~~~o0o~~~

6 comments:

  1. So, are you still writing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, though I do want to get back to it. Photography has been occupying my time lately. I also need to finish my synopsis and actually start submitting my ms. It's been finished for nearly 2 years now.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes a break is as good as an MFA course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 PM

    Two years finished and not submitted makes it very unlikely to ever be submitted. Please prove me wrong :-) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get the synopsis written. The versions I've done so far pretty much suck. Anyway, I plan to try again in 2014.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!