Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Joy of Bacon


I love bacon. It's one of my main food groups. My main food groups are:

  • Chocolate
  • Bacon
  • Cheese
  • Eggs
  • Potatoes

Truly, these foods go with anything and can be prepared in myriad ways. So, how could a friend and I resist the lure of the Baconery? Located on Manhattan's Upper West Side, near Columbia University, the shop offers baked goods and sandwiches. We had sandwiches for lunch and I tried a bacon hot chocolate that was amazingly rich -- I'm sure I tasted cinnamon in it -- though the texture of bacon bits in the creamy liquid was weird. The salty bacon flavor worked well with the chocolate, however.

Hot Chocolate
I had the bacon on the side for the hot chocolate because I wanted to taste it pure before dumping in the bacon bits.

The Babe: Grilled Cheese/Egg/Bacon Sandwich
After, I bought a thick bacon chocolate chip cookie which I ate today. Again, there was the textural aspect to get used to, but the flavor was rich and divine. The chips were still melty and a nice, rich dark chocolate. The bacon bits were nice chewy pieces.


Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie
They also went, uh, whole hog on the decor.

BaCoN Pillow

I'll be paying the Baconery a return visit!

Feeling: sated

~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!