Friday, October 29, 2010

More on Peeps


Almost a week ago, I blogged about these dark chocolate covered pumpkin Peeps. As part of my dedication to you, my dear readers and fellow chocoholics, I bought two more. One is now chilling in the freezer and the other, seen here, spent a few hours in the fridge. I can happily report it was even better cold. The chocolate was nice and crunchy, and worked well with the chewy marshmallow, making for a most pleasant eating experience. The tastes of both blended perfectly with a nice contrast of textures. Highly recommended. Again, I passed on the milk chocolate ones, but if that's your thing, it's probably good, based on how good the dark chocolate ones are.

Tomorrow, I'll report on the frozen Peep. My mother was the one who introduced me to frozen marshmallows. She would keep a batch of Chocolate Twists in the freezer and they snapped when you bit them. A quick Google search did not pull up anything like the simple dark chocolate-covered long and a bit twisty marshmallows I remember from the '60s. They, along with Mallomars and dark chocolate-covered jelly grahams, and the more common Hershey's Semi-Sweet chocolate bars (now renamed Dark Chocolate) were my main source of dark chocolate goodness back in my childhood.


Feeling: relaxed


~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!