Sunday, August 23, 2009

1969

It was a magic year.The Jets won the Super Bowl, though I didn't follow football back then. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon, which had my parents and I (I don't think my sister cared much) enthralled in front of the TV. There was a big rock concert in upstate New York called Woodstock. And the Mets, improbably won the World Series. Last night, hubby and I went to Citi Field for a game (the Mets lost) and an opening ceremony honoring the 1969 team. Most of them attended and Tom Seaver spoke on behalf of his teammates. He wasn't nicknamed Tom Terrific and The Franchise for nothing. It was very cool.

IMG_6576

Feeling: okay, but have been better

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!