Saturday, May 09, 2009

Teen Idols at Westbury

IMG_4449Two of my favorite oldies performers and a third singer I haven't seen on stage before performed at what is currently the Capitol One Theater at Westbury in what they billed as the Teen Idols: Mark Lindsay (from Paul Revere and the Raiders' fame), Micky Dolenz (of the Monkees), and Peter Noone (Herman of Herman's Hermits).

Mark Lindsay's voice might not be what it once was, but the old Raiders songs sounded great and it was good to see him on stage. Micky and Peter were in great form, too, and the evening was loads of fun. I'd thought this would be 3 separate acts performing, but the three guys had formed an act for the night: The Teen Idols, and did the opening and closing numbers together. The picture (l to r: Mark, Peter, Micky) here is from the closing number. In between, they each got to perform individually, with the other two sitting in the orchestra, singing backup.

As usual, Peter was the highlight for me. He does voices and impressions (and he snuck in his dead-on Johnny Cash) and I don't think there's anyone who can work an audience and has the rapport with folks that he has. He is charm personified, and very funny. With Micky and Mark there, there was a lot of direct banter. All three focused on Top 10 hits, and the audience was really into it. There was a meet and greet session after, but I have work tomorrow, so hubby and I couldn't stay.

IMG_4384And, sitting two rows behind us was one of my favorite DJs: Jim Kerr of WAXQ 104.3. During the intermission, I leaned over and got his attention and got to shake his hand. I've been waking up to him for hmmm... three years now (or maybe 4? I've lost track), so that was a thrill.

Feeling: content

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!