Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another Night of Oldies

IMG_8929 The Buckinghams
IMG_8965 The Grass Roots
IMG_8999 The Turtles
IMG_9015 Tommy James and the Shondells

Last night, hubby and I went to that theater in the round in Westbury that keeps changing its name. We saw The Buckinghams, who were really on their game; the Grass Roots, minus Rob Grill (the lead singer was good, but I didn't catch his name, and no mention was made of Rob or where he was); The Turtles, who were manic as always and very entertaining; and Tommy James and the Shondells, who are simply wonderful.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 PM

    I had a bad experience with theatre in the round. I was watching Ibsen's 'Enemy of the People' presented in the round. We were very close to the actors within an arms length of the stage area surrounding it on three sides. Well it was Ibsen so I fell asleep. as you probably know the high dramatic climax of the play of is when a town meeting is held and one of the towns people stands up and denounces the town doctor as an enemy of the people. Unfortunately the director though it would be good idea to place the actor making the denounciation in the audience. It was extremely unfortunate that he chose the next seat to Anna and me. He jumped up and started shouting at the doctor. I woke up and thought he was drunk so I grabbed him and pulled him back down into his seat and told him he was spoiling the play for everyone else. Anna has refused to go to the theatre with me again.

    Fretherne

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. That's a great story.

    I've seen a couple of plays in theaters in the round, but fortunately, not Ibsen, so I didn't fall asleep. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!