Friday, June 15, 2007

Meme-age

Found this on a LiveJournal and decided to do it to save me the trouble of actually thinking up a post.

1. LONGEST RELATIONSHIP?
24 years, the last almost 22 of which have been spent in marriage.

2. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED?
My current digital camera, for my birthday, from hubby.

3. EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE?
No.

4. THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON?
Action figures.

5. LAST FOOD YOU ATE?
Rice Krispies.

6. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Hair.

7. FAVORITE WORD?
Chocolate. Just hearing it fills me with warm fuzzies.

8. LEAST FAVORITE WORD?
Words are all wonderful. We use them to communicate. I don't like the concepts behind some of them, but that isn't the question asked.

9. ONE FAVORITE SONG?
"Because" by the Dave Clark 5. It was my wedding song.

10. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
NYC

11. COLLEGE YOU ATTEND:
I'm a proud graduate of CUNY/Hunter. Grad school was Columbia U.

12. CELL PHONE SERVICE:
Uh, Verizon.

13. FAVORITE MALL STORE:
I don't know what are specifically "mall stores."

14. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD:
Current one, 25 years and counting.

15. YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE:
hmmm.... I have a couple of small, mismatched ones, but not a pair.

16. DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?
Friends and I did when we were kids. "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" "This is the Mexican Weather Bureau, today chile, hot tamale." Sometimes, one of my friends would just fake burp. Yeah, we were pathetic.

17. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED?
A cousin's, 21 years ago this fall.

18. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY?
Hubby, then J.

19. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND?
A bit over a week ago, after I came home from vacation.

20. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?
Mickey D's. Love those cinnamon thingies.

21. BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD?
Other than every speech from the current president, I can't think of any.

22. WHO HAD THE LAST BABY IN YOUR FAMILY?
Immediate family? My sister. Extended? Must be a cousin somewhere.

23. WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS?
Nothing beats the Outback.

24. CAN YOU COOK?
Define "cook." I can make a few things and I microwave frozen stuff just fine.

25. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?:
The car we have is an old uh, Nissan, I think. It's 21 years old.

27. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?:
Uh, don't really recall.

28. MOST DISLIKED FOODS:
Most seafood.

29. THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF:
My sparkling personality. And my ability to not take things too seriously, except as required (by law).

30. PROFESSION YOU WOULD HATE?
Cleaning.

31. DO YOU HAVE A SWEET-TOOTH?
Do fish swim? Do birds fly? Do minks fuck?

32. LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB?
I think I had a "shift" type job for a couple of weeks after high school. I worked in a clothing store. The "shift" was 4 hours, part-time work. My workday now is 7 hours.

33. FAVORITE MOVIE?
No particular favorite. More like 25 or so favorites, including "Laura," "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," anything by Hitchcock, the Lord of the Rings trilogy...

34. CAN YOU SING?
Depends on who you ask. Most people will say, "no."

35. FOR OR AGAINST CAPITAL PUNISHMENT?
For, but only when there is absolutely no doubt of a person's guilt. Reasonable doubt isn't enough.

36. NEXT KISS:
Tomorrow (well, later today, given it's after midnight already).

37. LAST MOVIE RENTED:
I don't rent movies. Hubby does sometimes.

38. ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT:
Keys to get back into my apartment.

39. FAVORITE VACATION SPOT?
Hawaii. San Francisco. Visiting friends wherever.

40. HAVE YOU READ THE BIBLE?
No. Don't plan to, either.

41. ONE THING YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
Submit a finished manuscript to a publisher.

42. LOVER OR A FIGHTER?
Lover.

43. LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?
Both.

44. FAVORITE COMEDIAN?
Again, no one fav. I adore Steven Wright, though, and still think George Carlin is brilliant.

45. DO YOU SMOKE?
No, and I never have.

46. DID YOU PLAY WITH LEGOS?
Possibly, at some point. I had Lincoln Logs, or a knockoff when I was a kid. Not sure, given it was at least 45 years ago.

47. WHO SLEEPS WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT?
That guy I married. ;)

48. DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?
I have no clue, never having experienced one.

49. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE?
None. Pedestrians don't typically get pulled over. Nor passengers in cars. Just the drivers.

50. PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST?
Both. Challah French Toast is especially yummy. Waffles, too.

51. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?:
Nope.

52. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?
Cooked. I rarely care how. Omelets are always good. So is fried (once over lightly, thank you very much), scrambled, hardboiled, and egg salad.

53. DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?:
No.

54. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?:
A library patron.

55. LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?:
The few I've had come up as "Caller Unknown."

56. WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECEIVED?:
I don't text. I don't even have that service.

57. WHAT ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO?
Scents (flowers, perfume), molds, spores, pollen....

58. NUMBER OF PILLOWS?:
Two.

59. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?:
Beat-up cotton capri pants, t-shirt, slides.

60. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS?:
Retired. Finally.

61. WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?:
I don't eat PB. I like grape jelly and cream cheese, though.

62. CAN YOU PLAY POOL?:
Not with any skill.

63. CAN YOU SWIM?
I can float, kinda. Does that count?

64. FAVORITE ICE CREAM?:
Chocolate. Haagen Dazs Mayan Chocolate, specifically.

65. DO YOU LIKE MAPS?:
Maps are cool.

66. TELL A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF?:
I love filling out questionnaires.

67. CRUNCHY OR CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER?
Neither. I don't like peanut butter.

68. EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY?:
Went to a Halloween party years and years ago. That's a theme, I guess. Or does this mean something else? I am soooo dating myself, aren't I?

69. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
Spring, when nature wakes up. Despite my allergies to it all.

70. LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID?
Just a few minutes ago, while watching David Letterman.

71. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING?
I got to sleep til 9 today because I didn't need to be at work til 11 a.m.

72. BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?
Keeps my hot flashes to a minimum. And I can drink hot chocolate without getting too hot.

73. LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET?
Never.

74. HAVE YOU EVER RIDDEN IN AN AMBULANCE?
No.

75. NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET?:
Susie, a parakeet, later renamed Pretty Boy because someone told me she was a he.

76. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED?:
No opinion either way.

77. WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND??
Working for half of it, then sleeping and blogging, I guess.

78. BIRTHDATE?
That's classified.

79. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE?
What I am. A librarian. Writer, too.

80. HAVE YOU EVER HITCH HIKED?
Never.

81. HAVE YOU READ "CATCHER IN THE RYE"?
Nope, never did.

82. DO YOU LIKE CAMPING?
No. I don't commune well with nature and vice versa.

83. DOES YOUR MOM KNOW YOU HAVE A MYSPACE?
My mother died a long time ago, decades before there was a MySpace. And I don't have a MySpace. (This must be one of those younger generation memes.)

84. DO YOU WATCH AMERICAN IDOL?
No. I don't like unscripted shows.

85. ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP?:
No. My laptop sleeps mostly.

86. DO YOU HUNT?
Ewwww... no!

87. ARE YOU SMILING?
No.

88. DO YOU BELIEVE IN KARMA?
No.

89. DO YOU MISS SOMEONE RIGHT NOW?
I miss my mother every day.

90. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
Back to Hawaii for a visit. Or San Francisco. Would like to see London and Alaska, too.

91. LAST TIME YOU SWAM IN A POOL?
End of May, on vacation. Well, I floated and we had the rubber duckie water pistol fight.

92. ARE YOU SCARED OF THE DARK?:
No.

93. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?:
No. Love is more than a crush. But I guess I do because I have all my fav actors as crushes.

94. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME?
Paul.

95. EVER LICKED A BATTERY?
No. Why would I want to? Is this one of those weird ways to get high things?

96. DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST?:
I haven't attended school for decades, so this is Not Applicable.

97. DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH?:
Yes, and blogged about it here.

98. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE?:
No, unless you count the Circleline around Manhattan.

99. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER?
Yeah.

100. WHAT ROOM ARE YOU IN?
The second bedroom which we use as a den.

101. ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE
Yes. And I vote, too.

102. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL?
Yes, and not counting getting born.

103. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW?
My mother, my bestest friend, my second bestest friend....

104. WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING?
Wedding ring.

105. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY?
Shut down the PC and head to bed.


Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!