Tuesday, June 19, 2007

In Lieu of an Actual Post

I present yet another update of construction here at Cyber Chocolate. Work has pretty much ended. I would still like to know if there's a way to put the graphic next to the post titles, but for now, it looks fine where it is.

The sidebar is still rather long. I have more labels than I thought I had, so I found a hack to put them in a cloud, which helps a bit. I added a few things, and redid the headers so there are fewer with graphics, but now there are sub-sections, which makes things a bit more cohesive, I think.

The header graphic and the sidebar title graphics are now hosted by Blogger. Yay! The sidebar widgets make editing the sidebar easier. I'll probably label more posts, but I'll do them 5 at a time, to keep the feed manageable. I think all the colors work. Let me know if you have a real problem reading anything. I don't want to bump the font up because that will just make things longer. Reading entries in feed readers will make them very readable.

I deleted the more informational links. They're on The View from Here, which is more appropriate for them. There's a link to a page of chocolate links as it's easier to maintain one version of a link list than two. I left all the fun toys in the sidebar because I think of this blog as my fun place as well as my personal blog where I occasionally discuss my life. But opinions are mostly elsewhere. I hope folks think of this blog as a nice place to unwind, enjoy some cyber goodness, and maybe leave with a smile.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

  1. I like it. But no matter what you do to your blog, it always makes me HUNGRY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Just don't try taking a bite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. colors look good. the sidebar is a little crazy (for my taste), maybe a smaller font or not so much space between the lines would help?
    these are just thoughts though - no criticism :) check out my blog for fun and more chocolate ;)
    http://blog.chocolateriewanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Wilhelm,

    The colors are the same as they were. I took out some of the graphic headers in the sidebar and used the ones on the widgets instead for most.

    The font is a bit small for my taste. Larger would be better for me to read, but it would make the sidebar even longer, so I'll leave it as is. Reading the smaller font against the dark background is tough, tho. And of course, the Milanos graphic for the post is in the wrong place.

    I have spaces between things for the same reason, easier for me to read. Tho they don't all work as I'd prefer, but I can't seem to get the coding right.

    I'd take some of the sidebar stuff out (I did take some stuff out, actually), but people do click that stuff and they're fun and in keeping with the comfort and fun theme of the blog, so they're staying as long as the links still work.

    Thanks for your comments, tho. My aim was to keep it as close to what it was before I upgraded the template and to that end, I mostly succeeded.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!