Sunday, December 03, 2006

Too Much Food

I tried to be good, but when a Bat Mitzvah party doesn't start until 7:30 pm, with the usual hors d'oeuvres, which were yummy, and dinner (I chose the Chateaubriand -- however that's spelled -- steak) isn't served til 10:00 with the main course coming at 11:00, followed by decadent desserts around midnight, well, of course, you'll eat a lot of food because you're hungry at 7:30 and you don't want to not eat any of the yummy meal or dessert.
3Dec06 028
That's a yummy potato with the steak. It's sorta mashed with spices and set into crisped potato that forms a cup of sorts. The veggies were good, too. Of course, some of the snacks earlier included two kinds of steak. And there was lox and bread and garlic bread and raw veggies and dip, and other food I didn't eat. I was trying to be good, after all.

3Dec06 032Dessert included this amazing chocolate mousse confection. I also had a chocolate egg cream (chocolate syrup, milk, and seltzer for those who don't know).


Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. That steak is a work of art, no? The potato the product of these new-fangled silicon muffin "tins" which are now available -- I bought one recently, just so I could make dishes like the one pictured.

    You make me hungry, woman...

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh

    Sorry, Wil. And that steak was definitely a work of art, and cooked to perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!