Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mammogram Day

For nearly 15 years now, I've been getting a mammogram in November and for the last decade or so, the big day is the Wednesday after Election Day, like it's a holiday or something. I take off from work (well, lately, I've been taking off the entire week because the weekend before is usually Philadelphia Miniaturia, and I have other doctors to visit and errands to run, but I digress, as usual) and with the appointment in the morning, I have the rest of the day off to either worry myself crazy about test results or to enjoy the relief of good news. Today was good news.

The boobs are just fine. No changes in the cysts and the fibroadenoma. And as much as I didn't like the technician from last year who I found rude and arrogant and condescending, today's technician was wonderful, very friendly and warm and pleasant. That's half the job, keeping the patient relaxed. And you women out there who are 40 and older and haven't had a mammogram, please do yourself and your loved ones a favor and get one done and keep going yearly. It's really not so bad. Just when you think, Ack, I can't stand this anymore, it's over. I get a routine sonogram, too, done by one of the docs, and I get my results right then and there, which is wonderful.

I did, however, get drenched on the way there and then again, on the way home. There are lakes at some street corners. I half-expected to see fish swimming there. I did see waves, thanks to the wind.

Meanwhile, here's a cheery link: Make your own sculpture. From Generator Blog.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

  1. I've been having them twice a year for a while because white speckles show up in the film. I thought I was okay this time (Oct. 20), but the office left a msg. for me Friday to call. I just got around to doing it today. Must have put it out of my mind cuz I don't want to have to go back for more. Last time I had to get "mag" views. Ugh!

    Congrats on your no-news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paula. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!