Monday, September 25, 2006

Another Excessively Long Questionnaire

Found this one over on LiveJournal, but I don't do those kinds of memes there. I do them here. So, here goes.

In five words, explain what ended your last friendship? Stopped hearing from her.

How was your prom night? If there was one, and I assume there must've been, I was completely unaware of it.

Do you have any famous relatives? Uh, define fame. Seriously, one of my father's cousins was married to an actress for a year. That's as close as I get.

Have you taken out loans to pay for college? Not for college. Even as an out-of-city state resident, I didn't have to pay too much for CUNY. I did need a loan for library school.

What did you receive last in the mail? Well, I got some junk mail, a bill for medical test from last week, and Newsweek today.

What beverages have you drank today? Water, chocolate shake for lunch (can't get decent malteds in my work neighborhood).

Do you leave nasty messages on people's answering machines? No. I don't even like talking to answering machines.

What's the most painful surgical procedure you've had done? I assume that means awake? Because when I've been out, I didn't notice pain. I'd say the eye surgery, to remove a cyst, when I was 16.

What is out your back door? I'm in an apartment, so the closest I get to a back door is the door to the terrace.

Do you usually go out on the weekends? Does this mean going to work on Saturdays I'm scheduled to work counts or doesn't count? I don't do much on weekends, generally. I'm usually catching up with cleaning and errands and stuff.

Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? I'm not fond of it, but that's what shampoo is for. I do love getting my hair wet, though.

Have you ever visited a planetarium or do you even know what one is? Sheesh, of course. I practically grew up in the Hayden Planetarium and NY Museum of Natural History. Haven't been there in many years, tho.

What is your favorite flavor of pudding? If I eat pudding, it must be chocolate, without the crusty top.

Describe your keychains: I have a small collection, many hanging on a wall and others dangling from pulls on shoulder bags. The one I use for keys, tho, was a bonus for subscribing to Ms. Magazine many years ago: it's oval, bronze, and says: Ms. Magazine Opening Doors for Women.

Where do you keep your change? In the change section of my wallet.

When was the last time you got up and spoke in front of a large crowd? Years ago, early-'90s, spoke to community board meetings as a library representative.

What kind of winter coat do you have? I have more than one. The two heavy ones are down filled from Eddie Bauer.

What was the weather like on your graduation day? Cloudy, nasty after raining overnight for high school, rain for college.

Do you sleep with the door to your bedroom open or closed? Closed. I think that's recommended in case of fire elsewhere, but I do it to keep out any light that might slip in from the rest of the apartment.

Is there anything purple within 20 feet of you? Stuffed purple dragon, plastic looseleaf binders.

What is the strangest thing you've put in the microwave? I microwave frozen dinners, frozen veggies, and I soften frozen ice cream in it. Nothing strange as far as I'm concerned.

Can you speak any Japanese? No.

Do you look good in the color yellow? No, and I haven't worn yellow in 30 years.

Do you spit or smoke? No, unless spitting out toothpaste counts.

What is your favorite color(s)? Blue, black.

Ever played an instrument? Well? Uh, no. Made the attempt? The recorder and a disastrous attempt with the accordian, both while I was in grade school.

Do you believe in Bigfoot, or Sasquatch? No.

Ever been to a palm reader? No.

Did they tell you the truth about your future? I don't believe anyone can.

What are you thinking about at this very moment? How to be clever and witty with these questions.

Have you ever received a black eye? No.

What is your biggest current disappointment? That I can't retire this year.

What are some of your favorite drinks? Chocolate malteds, rootbeer floats with chocolate ice cream, water.

Do you have anything that hurts on your body at this time? Too many other problems to notice pain right now. Probably got a bruise or two, as usual. No papercuts right now, tho.

Have you ever ridden in a taxi? Used to take 'em a lot at night, but haven't for years. I swear, these questions are geared for high school students.

What is the last alcoholic drink you had? Sam Adams, in May, for my birthday.

Did you do anything special last night? Blogged. Is that special?

What is your very favorite food? Chocolate, of course.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!