Sunday, February 26, 2006

Nightly Report

Went to an Italian restaurant near my father's house to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday. Good food, nice evening, I'm very full. Had penne pasta with spinach and chicken, but didn't eat the spinach.

Don Knotts and Darren McGavin both died. Both had lived long, full lives, and I was fans of both. I've reached the age where more and more I'm going to see the deaths of people I've enjoyed seeing perform over the years, so I know this is just the beginning. I also read that Octavia Butler, an author I admired, also died this week. She was a wonderful writer, of science fiction, and it's very sad to know there won't be any more of her books. Her book, Clay's Ark, was one of the finest books I've ever read.

Chocolate-Covered Car.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I have no idea who Don Knotts is, but he was namechecked at Rocky Horror on Saturday night, when Riff opens the coffin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Hi Shelly

    I was sad about Dom Knotts, and Darren McGavin as well, and now today I heard about Dennis Weaver having passed away as well. Yes, I was thinking just the other day about how I am at "that age" same as you said. I still miss John Ritter (every single day) and Robert Urich. Both died too young. I hate to see talent lost to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, you've been deprived of knowing a comic genius if you don't know who Don Knotts was.

    Carly, I heard that about Dennis Weaver. And I heard that not only did Octavia Butler die, but another author died this month, too: Frederick Busch. I read his Night Inspector. Wonderful historical novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!