Friday, August 05, 2005

When Will This Week Ever End?

Computer system still down at work, but otherwise, not too bad. They think it's the server, but they don't know what's wrong, so it might still be a while til it's fixed.

Saw Neil Sedaka in concert at Westbury tonight and he was in fine voice and his songlist is extensive. His rendition of "My Yiddishe Mama" is amazing. And of course, the night had to end on a sour note when I discovered I'd been sitting (on a cushioned seat no less) on gum. Some little twerp who saw one of the kiddie matinees they have there must've left it. Why the brat couldn't drop it on the floor like everyone else, I don't know. But now my favorite pair of jeans, the only ones that actually fit comfortably these days, are ruined. The gum stain, now augmented by the paper I sat on in the car to keep from getting gum all over that cusion, is about two inches long and a bit over half an inch wide. The jeans are lightweight ones from L.L. Bean I got 2 years ago and I don't see them in the catalog anymore so I probably can't replace them. I am so not happy right now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Can't a drycleaner get it out? That sucks. And it sucks doubly that you have a certain brand/style of jeans that you finally found that's perfect and now they don't carry it anymore. I HATE when that happpens :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a lot of years since I last tried to get out gum, but I seem to remember the dry cleaners leaving a filmy kind of pale stain and the fabric was never the same. Given that this wad of gum covers a large, very visible area of the back left thigh, it's not worth the money to find out it won't work. You can be sure I'll be checking the seats carefully for tonight's concert there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!