Friday, August 26, 2005

Too Good Not to Share

From Overheard in New York, a change of pace entry:

Nonverbal Communication (A NYC Short Story)
I'm in a bus stuck in traffic. I look out the window down at this woman driving alone in her car. She's talking on her cell phone. After watching her continue to talk for 15 seconds or so, I see her suddenly put the cell between her ear and shoulder, release the steering wheel and use both hands to give the "in quotes" gesture. I'm sure this helped alleviate any possible misinterpretation of what she was saying to the person on the other end of the phone.
--Lincoln Tunnel

I'd like to say this is definitely an Only in New York story, too, but I suspect it's not unique to here, anymore. People are idiots all over these days.


Feeling:

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Hey Shelly! I was happy to see your comment on my blog--and now I'm totally digging yours. Chocolatey and delicious! I'm going to add you to my sidebar. Come back and comment again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for almost a year now, I guess, but I'm bad about commenting. I made a promise to myself to do better. After all, I can't expect people to leave comments here if I don't leave comments on their blogs. I'm glad you like the chocolatey goodness here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:09 PM

    That's a scary story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:50 PM

    That is too funny! Oh, and I do love the chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:23 PM

    HA! That's a snorter. I can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!