Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Random Chocoliciousness

Here's a book I didn't need to know about, but now must seek out: Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook by Kathleen King.

I did it again. I started a new *cough cough* blog, this time for comic books: Shelly's Comic Book Shelf. It's still somewhat under construction. I need to make a header for it and get the sidebar worked out.

Nothing fell apart at work today, and it was a rather nice day weather-wise. I stopped off at B&N on the way home and used up a $50 gift card. Now I have another 4 books on the To Be Read stack.

Mets won, two games in a row now that they're back home at Shea.

Speaking of Shea, the other day was the 40th anniversary of the Beatles' concert at Shea Stadium. Time sure flies. And no, I wasn't at the concert. I was only 12 and my parents wouldn't have let me go even if we would've been able to score tickets. No, my experience with the Beatles back in the '60s was seeing them on the Ed Sullivan Show, listening to them on the radio, and buying the albums with my allowance (when I wasn't spending it on comic books). My first album was "Something New," followed by "Beatles '65." I loved those and they remain among my favorite collections of Beatles' songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!