Saturday, August 20, 2005

Another Q and A Meme

Found this one on Chicken Fried Life, which is a fun blog, btw. The meme seemed to have a lot of questions I hadn't seen or answered before, so I figured I'd give it a try, despite there being so damned many of them.

Questions and Answers

Unique
1. Nervous habits? Habits, not necessarily nervous ones. I still play with my hair, even tho it's short now. I started twirling my hair in high school to help me quit biting my nails. It worked. I don't do the hair thing as much now. I probably do something else I'm not aware of.
2. Are you double jointed? No.
3. Can you roll your tongue? No.
4. Can you raise one eyebrow at a time? No, but I've never really tried.
5. Can you blow spit bubbles? Sometimes.
6. Can you cross your eyes? Not really. Not since the surgery, anyway, which was when I was 3.
7. Tattoos? No, though I have worn fake ones at times, in my 40s. I'm thinking it's time to do that again.
8. Piercing? No. I can't bear the thought of holes in my body I wasn't born with.
9. Do you make your bed daily? No. Not weekly, either.

Clothes
10. Which shoe goes on first? Usually, the left, but not always.
11. Speaking of shoes, have you ever thrown one at anyone? No.
12. On the average, how much money do you carry? I start with $80-$100 each week, then let it dwindle down til the next week when I refill my wallet.
13. What jewelry do you wear 24/7? None. I take my wedding ring off when I go to bed because my finger swells up when I sleep and the ring was impairing circulation.
14. Favorite piece of clothing? A pair of comfy jeans, tied with a couple of pairs of comfry shoes. And I'm very partial to a pair of cowboy boots.

Food
15. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? It's sort of a semi-swirl.
16. Have you ever eaten Spam? Not to my knowledge.
17. Do you use extra salt on your food? No. I rarely add salt.
18. How many cereals in your cabinet? Probably 4 or 5 different types. Hubby is the real cereal eater. I'm down to the occasional bowl of Multi-Grain Cheerios.
19. What's your favorite beverage? Chocolate malteds. Otherwise, water.
20. What's your favorite fast food restaurant? I don't eat much at fast food places anymore, but MacDonald's is usually good.
21. Do you cook? Sometimes, some things.

Grooming
22. How often do you brush your teeth? Morning and night.
23. Hair drying method. Hair dryer.
24. Have you ever colored/highlighted your hair? I tried this back in the 70s. It got marginally lighter, the red henna didn't show, and no one noticed. I figured it wasn't worth the money.

Manners
25. Do you swear? Yes, but I call it cursing. heh But I don't swear on anything.
26. Do you ever spit? Toothpaste.

Favorite
27. Animal. Dolphins.
28. Food. Chocolate.
29. Month. May.
30. Day. Wednesday, because it's comic book day.
31. Cartoon. I loved Lawson's Far Side, but the Chas. Addams cartoon with the ski tracks going around the tree, one tread on each side, is still a favorite. If this refers to animated cartoons, anything on "Rocky & Bullwinkle."
32. Shoe brand. Right now, Clarks. I ♥ Clarks.
33. Subject in school. Hard to remember back that far. I liked English and Chemistry (the latter due to the great Chem teacher) and in college, most of my psych classes.
34. Color. Blue.
35. Sport. Baseball, as a spectator. Hockey is second.
36. TV shows. Action/adventure and science fiction. Man from UNCLE for oldtime, Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica now, and hundreds in-between.
37. Thing to do in the spring. Clean out my closests and shop for summer clothes. My birthday. Going on vacation with friends to a science fiction plus other stuff fan convention every year.
38. Thing to do in the summer. Long walks, trying to stay cool.
39. Thing to do in the autumn. Clean out closets, buy winter clothes. Fall foliage. Taking photos of fall foliage.
40. Thing to do in the winter. Try to stay warm, drink hot chocolate, and wish spring would come soon.

In and around
41. In the CD player. Nothing. I mostly listen to the radio, right now Q104.3 Classic Rock.
42. Person you talk most on the phone with. I hardly use the phone anymore, so it would have to be my father. We speak weekly.
43. Reading. Hot and Sweaty Rex. I haven't started my gym book yet, because it's been too hot to go to the gym.
44. Do you regularly check yourself out in store windows / mirrors? No.
45. What color is your bedroom? Gray carpet, beige walls, blue linens, brown furniture.
46. Do you use an alarm clock? No, a clock/radio.
47. Window seat or aisle? Window, so I can take pictures if it's not dark.

Dumb
48. What's your sleeping position? On my side, but I often switch sides during the night.
49. Even in hot weather do you use a blanket. Yes, with the A/C on.
50. Do you snore? Yes.
51. Do you sleepwalk? No.
52. Do you talk in your sleep? No.
53. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No, never did.
54. How about with the light on? No, I like it dark.
55. Do you fall asleep with the TV or radio on? I used to leave the radio on when I went to bed and didn't have work the next day, but it annoyed hubby, so I stopped doing it.
56. Last interesting person you met? Someone through work who I hit it off with and we're becoming friends.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:06 PM

    I'm glad you found my site and had fun with the questions! It's always nice to see other people spin off from stuff I tried. Drop in again sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chicken,

    I plan to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!