Monday, July 18, 2005

A Day's Linkage

Keyboard Generator. Found on Generator Blog.

Gothamist informs us it's Typeweek. I can't believe I've never heard of this and I consider myself a font freak, though perhaps not as dedicated a font freak as I used to be when I was younger and more energetic. Still, I add fun fonts whenever I can, even *gasp* buying font CDs. I'm not against downloading, but there's an extra thrill of owning the CD and having the little booklet with all the special characters listed. *sigh of contentment* Unfortunately, I can't afford to attend the conference and there is the pesky business of my day job. But no matter. It's good to know that fonts get honored annually.

Now, this sounds like fun: Font Hunt, a scavenger hunt for fonts.

And Type Navigator. Found on The Presurfer. Also, Words Flow. You provide the text, then sit back and watch.

Also from Presurfer: Fly Swatter, an all-too-realistic looking game, Library Lore, .

The link for Catty Bot, a chat bot that is just weird, comes from Google Blogoscoped.

Email that looks like handwriting! Found on Surfilicious.

Bar Code Clock. Found on Boing Boing.

CraftyPod, a crafting podcast blog. Found on Chaos Theory.

Meanwhile, Cyber Chocolate lost a Bloglines subscriber. It could be that someone changed how they read CC, but I'm obsessing as usual. Was it something I said? Something I didn't say? How did CC fall out of favor with the anonymous subscriber? I used to obsess over the counter stats, but no more, not with Blog Explosion pumping those up. But subscribers are like gold and now I've lost one.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:00 AM

    Maybe they changed to a different aggregator -- such as the one built into firefox...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm hoping. I hate to lose readers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!