Monday, May 02, 2005

Why Do Mondays Suck?

It wasn't the worst Monday, but it sure was annoying. And after a couple of frustrating hours in the morning dealing with end of the month paperwork, I really could have done without the guy complaining about our public computer policy. I don't like to go into work details here, but while I was explaining the reason we don't let people stay on after their slot even if no one is waiting (long story, we tried it the other way and it didn't work), he told me that he was "old enough to have travelled to the Soviet Union," then proceded to tell me I had the inflexibility of the old Soviets. Just wonderful. Thanks so much for the compliment. If he really thought about it, he might've come up with some nice dictators to compare me to. I should've told him he should be grateful we don't have time-out software (yet). Sheesh. Oh, and he said he'd be writing a formal complaint. Something to look forward to.

Then there was the 20 minute train delay on the way home, and the 30 per cent chance of a shower that was a storm when I was walking home from the subway station (but I had an umbrella! yay, me).

And now, at 9:30 p.m., the Mets/Phillies game has finally gotten underway at Shea Stadium after 2 1/2 hours of rain. sigh. And I'm sitting here chilled, wondering where spring went, and listening to the AM broadcast of the game via the internet because Sportschannel is still off TimeWarner and the stereo system in the den refuses to pick up the radio station that broadcasts the Mets games. It seems to prefer playing a music station with a higher frequency at that spot on the dial. And people think machines are incapbable of independent thought. The stereo is obviously not a baseball fan. Let's face it, if not for the baseball games, I wouldn't bother with AM radio.

Been blogging about my writing situation over on Write Stuff, in case that interests anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!