Monday, May 09, 2005

Where Did the Day Go?

I, uh, viewed 275 blogs with Blog Explosion today. That isn't quite as horrible as it sounds. I was doing other things and had BE running. I really didn't sit here staring at the monitor all day. A lot of the blogs I'd already seen before, many new ones didn't interest me (politics, business, religion, mommy blogging), but I did find some interesting new ones and added a couple to my Bloglines subs. I also found an astronomy blog I linked to over on Alternate Reality. I also finally updated Retro-Spective, with a brief Mother's Day entry.

And while I surfed, I skimmed through a couple of Publishers Weeklys I had here and this month's Locus magazine.

I also cleaned a bit in the den, trying to put away a lot of the art supplies I've been keeping out where they can get dusty (this is a very dusty room). I got a big plastic box (okay, it's a men's shoe box) from The Container Store and put the varnishes and glue and other stuff I use all the time in it, then went through the mugs with brushes and pencils and discovered I have a helluva lot more drawing pencils than I'd realized. Apparently, being lazy, instead of sharpening the pencils over the years, I just bought new sharpened ones until I ended up with about 40. The big winner was the F (fine point) with 8 pencils, followed by HB (hard/well, I never did find out what the B is for, but it's a softer, bolder graphite, so maybe it's for bold) with 6.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:26 AM

    I also viewed many blogs but over the past week. I found some a few gems and was happily reminded of yours. I love astronomy. Thx for link!
    Also, it is ironic about your drawing pencils. As you may recall, I'm an artist. So are my daughters. My older daughter chose to draw a portrait of her dad but didn't like the brand "F" pencil that I have! I'm marveling at the irony of this post. (She sketched him Sat. aft.)

    I make jewelry while I sit at my computer, print off photographs, pamphlets on my art business, etc. I'm preparing for several shows. I also take breaks and move around, straightening up, throwing in laundry, etc. My computer is only a short distance from my home studio.

    As for dust, I can't go there. I see cobwebs here (ugh!) is all I'll reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do craftwork mostly, now, but I still draw on occasion. Unfortunately, when I took classes, it sucked the fun out of art, so I decided to just keep it as a hobby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Wow, that's twice I've encountered your blog and twice I found some congruence. I had BE in the background and found a few blogs of interest. I hate many blogs I have seen, and I imagine that mine is hated by many. So that is only fair. But, the real news is that I now need chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heh. I always need chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!