Saturday, March 12, 2005

Maybe It's Me, But...

It's bad enough so many bloggers don't know the difference between your and you're and their, there, and they're, but now I've been seeing people using I when they should be using my or me. As in what I saw tonight: (Name) and I's (object).... Now seriously, people, does anyone say I's coat or I's blog or whatever? No, nope, not at all. We say My coat, my blog. That's how you figure out what word to use. You take out the other part of the compound subject and see if it makes sense without that name.

But what really bugs me are the folks who seem proud of their near-illiteracy. You know the ones I mean. Folks who proudly, in their blog's sidebar or worse, in the description right at the top, proclaim that they are poor spellers. They announce that that readers will find poor grammar, or as a blog I saw tonight via BE, called it: grammer. And right below in the sidebar was a Please rate me link. Yeah, right. You don't want me to rate you, Mr. Poor Speller. Really. Given that I have no intention of struggling to read your pearls of wisdom. Sheesh. And no, I didn't sense facetiousness in that blog.

And I've given up on seeing properly placed commas, or even seeing commas at all when needed.

Meanwhile, if MI5 (Spooks to any Brits surfing through) isn't the more intense show on TV, I don't know what is. I feel exhausted after watching season 3's finale. And all I can say, without spoiling things is, Wow. Just Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Lol. I compleatly agree with you!
    Found this yesterday:
    http://www.worth1000.com/view.asp?entry=139864

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's great. Thanks for posting the link. And how could I forget lose vs loose? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!