Saturday, February 05, 2005

The Post I Wrote in My Mind

...wasn't there when I got home, so you'll have to settle for this one.

The subway crowd on Saturdays when I come home from work is definitely different than the Monday-Friday 9-5 crowd. Much noiser, too, especially the guy standing next to my seat on the train, preaching. He had an accent. At one point, I got very confused, wondering who Jerry Meyers was and what he had to do with Christ and Christianity and the Bible, but it turns out he was bellowing about Jeremiah.

Throat's still sore, but better than the raw throat I had this morning when I got up. I feel congested, too. Next year, I want to be the first to get a flu shot. When I get them, I don't even get colds.

Been going through my own "bible," aka Publishers Weekly's Spring Announcements issue. Found these upcoming enticements:
  • Cookie Sutra: An Ancient Treatise: That Love Shall Never Grow Stale. Nor Crumble. By Edward Jaye, from Workman Publishing, April. The cookies are x-rated. Or maybe very R.
  • Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn, Workman Publishing, March.
  • The Book of Chocolate, new edition, Flammarion, no date listed in the ad (I haven't gotten to the actual announcements yet).
  • Make Love the Bruce Campbell Way, a novel by B-movie star Bruce Campbell, St. Martins/Thomas Dunne, June.

Also, a fun book link: A board game for book lovers called Booktastic.

Reposted with the links I'd meant to include the first time. Also discussed the comic book mini-series "Identity Crisis" in Shelly's Book Shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!