Friday, November 26, 2004

Miscellany for Thanksgiving

Got this from Cynical-C Blog. An Egyptian Translator. This is "Shelly":


And no, I don't know if it's accurate. :)

Now this could save some marriages: The Wee Winkle Tinkle. It plays music until the toilet seat is returned to the down position. Found on The Presurfer.

I've been spending way too much time on Blog Explosion, but I've discovered an easy way to multi-task with it. Whenever I get a site that I've been on umpteen times and don't want to read, I click on another browser window or AOL or my WIP that I have open and work on that, then click back to the window with BE and go on to the next blog. Sure, I'm averaging more than 30 seconds per blog, but I can do this for hours. And I've actually found a few new blogs I liked enough to rate and/or blogmark. I did this for 5 or 6 hours today, or maybe longer. I lost track.

Got some writing done and blogged about that on Presto Speaks! I still need to catch up on reading and paperwork like balancing my checkbook this month. All in due time, cuz really, there's always another blog to look at.

I want to thank folks for leaving nice comments here and on my other blogs. I'm assuming most of the newbies here surfed in via BE. I've checked some of your sites and have been impressed. There's some great blogging going on.

I'm still getting the blog design itch. It happens as soon as one of my new blogs gets too familiar, usually a month after I created it, and I'm ready to either redesign or make a new one. So I'll probably make more, cuz I actually do like the designs I have now for my blogs. I also want to learn how to do the actual designing with PhotoShop, and use my own photos more. I just keep seeing so many great designs out there, espeically those that are themed or have retro looks, and that inspires me to play. There are some great looking blogs out there. Unfortunately, some have tiny print and I can't read them.

Oh, and if I read or hear one more thing about that grilled cheese sandwich with the pic of you-know-who on it, I'm gonna scream. Unless it's another joke or gag on the topic from David Letterman.

And on that note, I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!