Thursday, November 18, 2004

Chocoholic's Delight

Isn't it a cutie? That's a view from the top. It's a little cake. I got it at lunchtime from the little shop across the street from the library that opened earlier this year. They have a limited menu, but the pastries are scrumptuous. I had a chocolate croissant for lunch — it was one of those days — and got this for dessert after dinner tonight. It was incredibly moist and chocolatey. The croissant was very flaky, probably one of the best croissants I've ever had, and the chocolate just melted in my mouth. They sometimes make a brownie type cookie that's like a homemade Oreo. The icing inside tastes like an Oreo's icing, but better, and the cookie part is rich, crunchy, chocolatey goodness. The croissants are a regular item, but they have different specials each day. I don't go there much. I'd gain too much weight if I did. It's hard enough maintaining my weight as it is, let alone lose the 10 pounds I want to take off. That's weight I put on when my thyroid went hyper, then got hypo after treatment about 4 or 5 years ago and I haven't been able to shed those pounds.

So basically, the chocolate was the highlight of my day. One of our tech guys had to uninstall a relatively new version of Java on my work PC so he could then install an older version so I could edit our page on the library intranet. That just sounds wrong on so many levels, but it just figures. And there were some patron issues to deal with today and some other annoying computer issues. And I ended up not doing as much tonight as I'd planned, writing-wise (and I didn't even log into Blog Explosion, my usual time-waster these days — it replaced FreeCell marathons here).

And I thought I had a medical appointment for one thing, but the papers they sent me are for something I'd already had done, so now tomorrow I have to call and see if that needs straightening out and if I actually can get the appointment I need for the day I've already scheduled to have off work.

And to make the day complete, there was the annoyance of having the basic cable channels go out at about 9:47 p.m., so I missed the end of "CSI." Full service was restored at the start of "Without a Trace," so I got to watch that. So if anyone who saw "CSI" could tell me if that shrink was really the killer, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:01 AM

    mmm... looks yummy! and arent chocolate croissants the best? They are going to be the death of me for the 3 years I'll be in germany. My sweet husband has such good intentions with his newest habit of letting me sleep late while he runs to the little bakery to surprise me with my favorite chocolate croissants on saturday mornings. Germany is SO FULL of these delicious bakeries, and they are ALL so yummy. I counted the other day when I was downtown shoppin and on one street in only 1 block there were 5 bakeries. I'm gonna get so fat in the next three years! hahaha. And that homemade Oreo sounds deadly. Enjoy your pastries!!!! They are the best part of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!