Originally posted on 4/21/04:
I wasn't going to do anything like this, but then it became some kind of weird challenge, as if I was afraid to come up with something that wouldn't be too personal or revealing, yet be entertaining or of mild interest. So, here goes.
1. I love chocolate. (Now there's a news flash.)
2. I majored in psychology and minored in philosophy.
3. I made pockets for my books when I was a kid and put cards in with due dates when I lent books to friends. (And is it a wonder that I'm a librarian?)
4. The first science fiction book I read was when I was 12--Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. The first one that really made an impression was Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles which I read 2 years later.
5. I started keeping a reading journal in 1965, the year we had to do one in 6th grade as an assignment.
6. My favorite all-time TV show was and is "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
7. One of my grandfathers was a butcher, the other was a baker. No candlestick makers that I know of in the family.
8. We got our first TV when I was 5.
9. My father, a space buff, made "Star Trek" required viewing. I got my love of science fiction from him, and to a lesser extent, my mother.
10. I started wearing glasses when I was 3, funny looking pointy things.
11. My only pet was a parakeet (unless you count my "Pet Rock" which I still have) that I got as a birthday present when I was 5. It ("Susie," later renamed "Pretty Boy" when one of my parents' friends told me it was male) never learned to speak human and died a few years later.
12. I've managed to kill more plants than I've been able to cultivate.