Saturday, October 09, 2004

Obligatory Entry

Today was one of those days. The kind of day that just gets away from you. I know I got a lot done. I'm just not sure what it was.

I really liked "Joan of Arcadia" tonight. It got very emotional, especially the subplot focusing on Joan's paralyzed brother Kevin, played by Jason Ritter. What I most love about the show is that it never gets preachy.

I didn't watch the debates. Watched Stargate reruns instead. It's worse, for me, than watching award shows because there's actually something at stake. I hate watching and worrying that Kerry will embarrass himself and I hate listening to Bush say anything. I know David Letterman and company will find the most amusing bits to replay later, though the 11 o'clock newscast I usually watch found a few choice bits, too.

I caught up on a lot of blogs. I finished reading Dog Warrior. My review is up on Shelly's Book Shelf and at the end of the month, I'll get it on my website, too. Now I need to catch up on my comic book reading. I've got stacks of unread ones all over the den, along with magazines.

I find myself wondering just how many blogs Blogger will let me have. Less worrisome is what I'd end up doing with more. I think I should be worried about that line of thinking, but I'm not.

I've been clicking on the referring sites to my blogs, thanks to that nifty referrer log thingie I added to the sidebar. It's easy to tell when they're from the Next Blog button. Things were slow here today. Not many hits, not many referrer sites. Less than a year ago, I was blissfully unaffected by the Greater Blogosphere. Now I'm addicted to counter watching, feeling unloved if no one visits. Well, not really. But there is a pang of disappointment when the count hasn't gone up much. And yes, I keep track.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:27 PM

    I keep track too. And I love Joan of Arcadia (we taped it). Shelly, thanks for your kind review. You're the best!

    jr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:28 PM

    PS: I bought stock in Cyber Chocolate Jr. on blogshares, but plain ol' Cyber Chocolate wasn't listed ....

    would be happy to invest!

    jr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:35 PM

    I love Joan also! That is one thing we actually get on our Armed Forces Network over here -- but they are re-runs. I think newer ones are coming soon.

    I signed up for BlogExplosion the other day. It's good because you basically click through everyones blog (much like our shared obsession with the Next Blog button) only you get credits for it and for your credits other people see your site. (so it is great for us couter-watchers and Next Blog hitters). Check it out. (there is a link on my page -- then I get referral credits hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..... I only recently found out what Blogshares really is and am still trying to figure out how it works. And I never heard of Blog Explosion. I'll have to check that out. Thanks, ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!