Much as I hate the end of daylight savings time, I sure was grateful for the extra hour of sleep last night. Now if I can just wake up sufficiently to concentrate on my WIP, I'll be a happy camper. Which I'll get to as soon as I catch up on the blogs. I can't even log into Blog Explosion today. It's just too dangerous. Now that there are so many new blogs signed up, I'm finding a lot of cool ones I hadn't seen before. I spent part of last night, after the concert, going through my Blogmarks (their cute word for bookmarks). The ones I really like that had rss feeds, I removed from the list and added them to my Bloglines subs. I'm thinking of adding my Bloglines General Interest / Miscellany folder to the sidebar here, but there are a lot of blogs in there and I'm afraid it will make the sidebar too long.
Kim on Bacon and Ehs posted the 10 Things that Scare Her. So here are mine, though "freak me out" might be the better phrase for some of them:
- Bugs (the living ones), including most of the insect kingdom, especially the flying, stinging ones, like bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, and so on.
- Snakes and worms
- Being lost in a neighborhood I don't know, at night
- Being in water over my head (I can float, but I can't really swim)
- Going blind
- Being unable to walk or care for myself
- Dying painfully (if we could get our choice, I'd opt for quietly, in my sleep)
- Mice and rats
- Becoming homeless