Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Think Chocolate!

That's a slogan generated by the Advertising Slogan Generator, found on a fun blog called Goofy Girl Blog. Apparently, she found it on Cynical-C Blog, and I don't know how I missed it, since that's a blog I have on my Bloglines blogroll (you can see my full blogroll on Impish Delights). At any rate, I was checking some of Cynical-C Blog's blog listings in its sidebar and now have Goofy Girl in my blogroll, too. I tried adding the whole blogroll here, but it's uh, very long, and with the larger font I use (preferred by my middle aged eyes), it took up way too much room.

So anyway, I tried a few slogans with the word "chocolate" (naturally) and the heading and the following are my favorites. It's almost like playing MadLibs with standard advertising slogans, and almost as addicting as chocolate. And I'm sure you'll easily recognize the originals that spawned the following:

The Chocolate is Mightier than the Sword.

A Day Without Chocolate is Like a Day Without Sunshine.
You might have noticed that I've swapped out my current reading. I actually haven't started Charles Stross' Singularity Sky yet. I'll do that when I get back to work on Saturday -- I have the next two days annual leave for Rosh Hashanah. And don't get me started on needing to use my vacation time for this. I'd happily work on Christmas to keep at least one library open if I could get at least one free day for a Jewish holiday, but Christmas is an official holiday, so no one will ever be taking me up on that offer.
Anyway, I really enjoyed Minette Walters' The Shape of Snakes, and even bought Acid Row because I want to read more of her books. I'll have a review up on my website for October and will post the link here.
Got my hair cut, went to the gym, got this week's comics and next week's TV Guide, and spent most of the rest of the day catching up with blog reading. Boy, folks have been busy and I keep finding more blogs to read. There's so many good blogs out there. I hope there's room for mine.
The Mets fired their manager, Art Howe, but he'll finish out the season. I hope the next manager they hire is someone who is right for the team, whatever players make up the team next season. I do not want a repeat of the last two years of frustration.
And in other sports news, it looks like the National Hockey League has cancelled the season. It's called a lockout. The owners want a salary cap, the players union doesn't. I guess that without hockey after the baseball season ends, I might have time to catch up with watching tapes and stuff. I'll miss watching the Islanders, but this might work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!